Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First Meal Made in Taiwan... Success?


That would be the dinner I made today. It's from 7-eleven because 1. Taiwan is the most densely population area of 7-elevens and 2. I slept a good 4-5 hours today after class because I'm still not feeling totally great.

But my dinner consisted of prepackaged dumplings or pot stickers, and a far too complicated bowl of noodles. The dumplings were easy enough to make, just pop them in the microwave and keep checking until they seemed done. However, the noodles were a bit more difficult.

For some reason the package came with two bowls, a thing of noodles, and 3 packets. Two of the packets seemed to contain vegetables, while the other contained some sort of brown meat sauce you see on the top there. I actually couldn't stand that part and ended up taking it off, effectively using the extra bowl I was giving. Whatever i ended up doing seemed to work enough to eat, so at least that helped.

Anyways, this got me thinking about food, so I wanted to share some of the things I've had here in Taiwan.

The first is this juice. I do not know what it is called, what exactly is in it, but I had it the first day I was here because I saw the pomegranate on it, and I have had at least 1 (sometimes 3) a day since I've been here. It is the most delicious juice ever conceived by man.

The next is this breakfast sandwich. Again, I do not know what is in it, or what it is called. It seems to be some kind of BBQ ribs with eggs and vegetables. I've had at least 5 since arriving because they're so good.




This is peanut butter. It's the only peanut butter I've seen this whole trip, and I bought it right away. It's even crunchy, my favorite.





And lastly for tonight, this is bubble tea. I think I will miss this most of all after I leave Taiwan. Bubble tea consists of milk and tea, with around 100 little purple, near gelatin balls on the bottom. They dont really have much of a taste, but it's fun to chew them. This is more of a dessert rather than a drink, because with every sip you have to stop to chew the bubbles you sucked up. I've had quite a few since I've been here, and really want one right now.

Anyways, I have a lot more food to share, but I need to get to bed. I'll try to update more food tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment