Monday, July 19, 2010

Sick in Taiwan...

The past two days have been anything but kind to me. Saturday night, after returning from a fun adventure through Taipei 101, the Palace Museum, and Chiang Kai-Shek Square, we went toa place to eat. Later that night, I began to have an allergic reaction to the food.

That crisis was averted, and I went with my school to Jioufen and the Gold Ecological Park and spent most of the day
in the sun. We went to a market in Jioufen and checked out some cool things at the park; some mines (as in gold mines), Chinese panning techniques, and the largest gold bar in existence, which my dog Flappers is sitting on.

I was also able to get some great pictures off the amazing mountain side in Jioufen. The scenery was absolutely beautiful.

After we go back, we went to an italian restaurant, where I possibly received food poisoning and missed all day today of school and laid in bed.

Since I've been here, I have tried to be very open to new foods, and eat anything I have been offered, but now I feel a little more scared about the foods I'm eating. I hope that will pass so I can start enjoying the food once again.

Not much to talk about, but that has been my experience within the past 48 hours. Hopefully things will pick up very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment