Saturday, July 17, 2010

Karaoke, the new love of my life.



Last night was an absolute blast, more than I ever thought possible. We went with the entire business group to Holiday, a karaoke place. I have read about how much fun, and intense karaoke is around Asia, but nothing could have really prepared me for what it was really like.


I was one of the first, and last singers last night and sang a lot of songs in between. This is something we do not have back in the States, and it was a blast to finally try it out. I had never been karaoking, even in the States, and I simply loved it.

It was so interesting to see both the American music, plus Chinese music and the multiple dances that accompanied some of them. What surprised me the most was just how nice the place really was. It was a giant room that consisted of a giant projector screen,
microphones, a large table, and leather couches. On top of that, there was a buffet full of both American and Chinese food.

I have never done an activity with such a large group and really felt so engaged with all of them. In the States we can go to dinner, see a movie, even laser tag; but those activities really only involve yourself with 2 or 3 people at a time. I think I talked to everyone in the group last night, and sang with at least half of them. We even had Danny singing a few songs before the night was over.

We desperately need something like this back in the USA. I believe something like this could really thrive under the right circumstances, and it could be an activity that everyone can enjoy. Why this really hasent seemed to catch on in the States is beyond me, but I sure hope it does and soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Karaoke is really different in america. It's more of a "get wasted and scream into a microphone with some random bachelorette party" thing than a singing and hanging with friends event. I really enjoyed how they do it here. Very classy and VIP The thing i like most is not having to wait 45 minutes for your song to come up and not having to tip/bribe the dj.

    ReplyDelete